Click here for a PDF version.
2016 - Present Senior Lecturer, Royal Holloway, University of London
2015 - 2016 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
2012 - 2016 Assistant Professor, Yeshiva University
May 2012 Ph.D in Economics, New York University, New York NY
May 2004 M.S. in Mathematics, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
June 2002 B.S (Honors) in Mathematics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
1) Status Quos in Choice and Games (with Begum Guney), Theoretical Economics, forthcoming.
2) Holding a Group Together: gametheory vs. nongametheory (with Ariel Rubinstein), Economic Journal, 131, 26292641, 2021
3) Ordinal Allocation (with Chris Chambers), Social Choice and Welfare, August, 2020.
4) The Permissible and the Forbidden (with Ariel Rubinstein), Journal of Economic Theory, 188, 2020.
5) "Convex Preferences": A New Definition (with Ariel Rubinstein), Theoretical Economics, 14, 1169-1183, 2019.
6) Mechanism Design with Budget Constraints and a Population of Agents, Games and Economic Behavior, 115, 30-47, 2019.
7) Costly Switching from a Status Quo (with Begum Guney), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 156, 55-70, 2018.
8) Aspiration-Based Choice (with Begum Guney and Matan Tsur), Journal of Economic Theory, 176, 935-956, 2018.
9) Embedding Convex Geometries and a Bound on Convex Dimension (joint with Luke Rogers), Discrete Mathematics, 340, 1059-1063, 2017.
10) An Experiment on Aspiration-Based Choice, (with Begum Guney), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 119, 512-26, 2015.
11) Back to Fundamentals: Abstract Competitive Equilibrium, (with Ariel Rubinstein), American Economic Review, 105(8), 2570-94, 2015.
12) Fully Absorbing Dynamic Compromise, Journal of Economic Theory, 152, 92-104, 2014.
13) Choosing the Two Finalists, (with Kfir Eliaz and Ariel Rubinstein), Economic Theory, 46, 211-219, 2011.
14) Efficient Investment and Search in Matching Markets (with Alp Atakan and Matan Tsur)
15) Choice Theory Via Equivalence
16) How to Choose: Breadth vs Depth (with Sen Geng and Leonardo Pejsachowicz)
17) A Time-Inconsistent First Welfare Theorem
18) How to Search: Breadth vs. Depth (with Sen Geng and Leonardo Pejsachowicz)
Honors and Fellowships
Bergmann Memorial Research Award, BSF, 2015
BSF Regular Research Grant, (with Ariel Rubinstein), USA & Israel, $93,600, 2015-2019
Labex Ecodec Grant, (with Leonardo Pejsachowicz), Paris, FR, 2014-2015
Dean's Dissertation Fellowship, New York University, New York, NY, 2011-2012
Russell Sage Foundation Grant, (with Begum Guney), New York, NY, 2011
Henry MacCracken Fellowship, New York University, New York, NY, 2006-2010
Dean's List, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1999-2002
Research Experience and Other Employment
Summer 2013 Ecole Polytechnique
Summer 2011 Tel Aviv University
Summer 2010 Credit Suisse, Quantitative Trading, Summer Associate
Summer 2002 Penn State University, NSF VIGRE Fellowship
Summer 2001 University of Chicago, NSF VIGRE Fellowship
Mathematical Social Sciences, Associate Editor, 2021-
Referee for American Economic Review, Games and Economic Behavior, Economic Theory, Econometrica, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Economic Theory, International Journal of Game Theory, Mathematical Social Sciences, Review of Economic Studies, Social Choice and Welfare, Theoretical Economics, Theory and Decision
2020 CERGE-EI (Prague), University of Southampton, Econometric Society World Congress
2019 Ischia (SAET), Aarhus (BRIC)
2018 Alicante, University of Oxford x2, Paris (DTEA), Nottingham, Paris School of Economics, University of Glasgow, Paris (TUS)
2017 Tel Aviv (Economics), Tel Aviv (Business), Hebrew University of Jerusalem, UCL, LSE, Bristol Theory Workshop, Econometric Society - Lisbon
2016 Texas - Austin, University of Toronto - Rotman, City University London, McGill University, Paris - Dauphine, Royal Holloway - University of London, University of Essex, Northwestern University (BRIC)
2015 Rutgers University, University of Pennsylvania (Workshop on Multiunit Auctions), NYU (PhD Alumni Conference), USC, UCLA, Montreal (World Congress of the Econometric Society), University of Pennsylvania x2
2014 Columbia University (Market Design), Yale University (10th Annual Conference on General Equilibrium), Koc University
2013 Paris School of Economics, St. Andrews (BRIC), Paris (SAET)
2012 McGill, Ecole Polytechnique, Collegio Carlo Alberto, University of Vienna, Koc University, Yeshiva University, Stony Brook (23rd International Conference on Game Theory)
2011 Rutgers University, New York University
Undergraduate: Game Theory, Statistics, Calculus for Business Majors, Industrial Growth and Competition, Contract Theory
Graduate: Microeconomic Theory I